Wednesday 17 December 2008

All I Want for Christmas is You, Steve

Steve Jobs, that is. I just became a Mac girl. It’s a beautiful thing to be a Mac girl. At the risk of sounding like a Mac ad, I will just note that Macs are pretty, they greet my peripherals like old friends, without the need for disks, downloads, or constant rebooting, but most of all, they give you, to quote Blur, an enormous sense of well-being.

See, to be perfectly honest, I don’t even know how to use 90% of my Mac’s functions yet. But it seems like a lot of my favourite people have Macs. Creative people. Intelligent people. Beautiful people. Stuff White People Like explains the shallow appeal of being a Mac person better than I can, but basically--I feel a little bit cooler now.

5 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Welcome to the cult. Looks like you need a new car on which to put your Apple sticker. Silly me, I never put mine on my Jetta.

Cindy Bean said...

Do you have a laptop? I can bring mine over and teach you things if you need me to come over. I am seriously a pro.

lenalou said...

Cindy, I do have a laptop, and that would be great. I'm in england right now, but we'll have to chat when I get back.

Marie said...

Have fun in *England* with your *Mac.* You must have been well-behaved this year, because Father Christmas has been good to you. And I'm sure Santa would approve as well.

My bro's been trying to convert me to the Mac but I'm too cheap. And of course it IS cheap owning a PC when you have a brilliant and kindly bro willing to fix it every time it breaks down. (Every couple months or so.) Wait -- maybe that's the *real* reason he wants me to convert....

Have a jolly Christmas. Don't bother counting the empty mince pie tins.

Lizz Pizza said...

Welcome to the club! :-)