Saturday 24 January 2009

Yurting

I could write about my yurting trip. I could write about the clear air and the peace and sunshine and the sparkly snow, and the pure pleasure of tiring ourselves out skiing and snowshoeing, and the stars at night that were so bright and thickly sprinkled and looked within kissing distance. Perhaps I could mention that afterwards I soaked the soreness from my muscles and mind in a steaming hot tub with friends out in the winter air. But why waste a few thousand words, when I can steal some of Julie’s fabulous photos?










2 comments:

Marie said...

I love kissing stars! The winter night sky is the best, but I refuse to endure much cold to appreciate it.

Which brings me to -- YURTS HAVE HOT TUBS? I had no idea Mongolian nomads were so progressive! I could definitely appreciate the winter night sky from a hot tub. This is The Solution, and I thank you for it.

lenalou said...

Yes, but you have to be careful kissing them--you can get a little burned.

I am so sorry to disabuse you of the idea, but I misled you on the hot tub. It was a separate activity. But the Mongolian nomads really should have included a hot tub in their designs. The two activities compliment each other so well.