Saturday 15 September 2007

Don’t need to say please to no man for a happy tune

I was late for TKD today. I took too long to change, and by the time I got over there, everyone had bowed in, which meant I’d have to wait for a break to join, and wouldn’t be able to warm up, etc. Not in the mood for hanging around the stuffy do jong doing nothing, and it was a glorious day anyway, so I went to the park and ran. First time I’d run three miles in quite some time (goal 52 in my 101 list is now checked off), and it felt good. It was that rare running day when, instead of just wanting it to be over, and trying to distract myself from the run, my legs felt powerful, and I could enjoy the lake and ducks and beautiful weather as I pounded the track. I had some fun random music on the mp3 player – Cracklin Rosie was hitting my rhythm today. It was on the edge of being a stormy evening, and the air had that great, clean, just-washed feeling; the sun kept breaking through the clouds, and there were a few intermittent showers to cool me down. The spring-fed water fountains seemed to be in spate, so I got a little shower there too, and then stretched in front of the lake. I never regret exercising, but it’s especially gratifying when I enjoy the process.

2 comments:

Ninny Beth said...

oh I'm so happy you're still writing...sorry it's been so long since I checked in! we should chat soon!!! xoxoxo. (ps. need to start running or yogaing or something :(

lenalou said...

Hello! Yes, I think I became addicted to comments, though SLC has not been affording me quite as much content. Plus I don't have as much free time :-(
Yes, let's chat soon - I miss you!