Saturday 21 June 2008

The Last Man on Earth

Recently, a friend tried to set me up with a guy with whom she thought I’d have a lot in common. Well, she was right—we do have things in common…including the fact that we’ve already dated each other.

Does that mean I’ve officially dated every eligible man in Utah, and I am now doomed to cycle back through them all, over and over again, until one of us gives in and agrees to marry the other? I’m not the first person this has happened to, I’m sure. It’s a small dating world in SLC.

I feel like there should be a loud overhead announcement. “You have reached the END of the line. Please get OFF the dating train and go and buy a cat or three. Mind the gap.”

8 comments:

plainoldsarah said...

NO - no cats. that has never happened to me - but funny for you. sort of. did you guys go out again to make the friend happy? just curious. sometimes people change - i've heard that anyway.

lenalou said...

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. I've also heard that (people can change), but we didn't go out again --great guy, but...

Hey, It's Ansley said...

So funny but also sad. Glad you could find the humour in it (spelled it your way even though spell check is arguing with me).

And don't forget the scented candles, I remember hearing once that candles are the new cats for single girls.

Brittany said...

If you have ten posts from me I am sorry! I tried to comment on this post a million times and it kept failing for some reason! I am a failure!

Marie said...

Oh dear. Funny! Tell you what -- you can have my cat if I can have your seat on the train. I've been waiting on this *&%#!! platform so long, I'm ready to run toward that there pillar and see if there's a magical fractional realm I've been missing.

That, or I'll end up with a broken nose. But that couldn't harm my nonexistent dating life, so here I go....

Mind my cat while I'm in hospital, okay?

carrie said...

lena! i love the blogging world. i feel re-connected... so great to find you and get a glimpse into life these days.

carrie (bigger) Ü

Melanie said...

Hillarious! I hope you both had a good laugh over it. I always enjoy your blog & life. Much more exciting than mine.

Ninny Beth said...

no really. we need to talk about this...because a man that I once loved recently told me that we are leftovers...whaaaa? I mean I already think that in my secret heart but he said it. OUT. LOUD. and he said the guys are leftovers too and what does that MEAN????