Sunday 8 June 2008

Time for a Fling?

A Highland one. What did you think I meant? We have a choir performance this weekend. I've sort of been discouraging people from attending (just because we're newish, and I want us to be perfect before friends hear us), but I was lectured on my responsibilities today by a fellow choir member, and I suppose she's right -- the point of being in a performing group is not to actively drive away your potential audience.

So, Citrine is performing at the Highland Games (Scottish Festival) at Thanksgiving Point on June 14th at 2pm. Here's more info on the games:

SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES


When
June 13-14
Friday: 5 pm – 10 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 10 pm

Where
Electric Park

Admission
Friday Night: $7.00 Adults & Children
Saturday: $10.00 Adults & Children
Both days: $16.00 Adults & Children
Saturday Night Concert Only: $5.00 Each


Summary -
Scot or not, all are welcome at the 34th Annual Utah Scottish Festival & Highland Games, June 13-14, at Thanksgiving Point. Join 12,000 of our closest friends at this increasingly popular event for Scottish dancing and Highland athletics. More than 40 clan tents, 5 fabulous musical groups, ethnic food, vendors, 9 pipe bands, tattos, kid's games, and much more all set amid Utah's own Highlands.

Hear cannon fire signal the Tattoo’s beginning and see an ancient tradition when the Chieftain calls for the clans to gather by torchlight. Fireworks conclude Friday night. Saturday, see athletic events at the U.S. National Highland Athletic Championship. See cultural displays, Highland dance, kilt making, and weaving demonstrations.

Come if you want. Or not. We'll do our best.

5 comments:

Marie said...

I'll come if I possibly can -- it sounds like a great time. At any rate, best of luck to you all! I'm sure your Scottish accent will easily fool the masses.

triciab said...

Lena's Scottish accent? Ha ha.. and by the way, I assume you were referring to ME when you mentioned the lecture? Ha ha... sorry, but I've already invited a LOT of people we both know... including your HT and others.. are you going to kill me?

Betty Grace said...

Sounds like fun... as does that other kind of fling. :)

lenalou said...

My scottish accent is brilliant. Och aye de noo! You're just jealous, Trish.

And YES with a menacing glare to both of your questions.

Marie said...

How'd it go? Did you sing like angels? Did you get picked up by any (bag)pipin'-hot men in kilts?