Friday 6 April 2007

I'm posting lots now because I'm going deep cover next week

The convent where I'll be staying doesn't have internet access - Mags suggested that it's the modern-day equivalent of a vow of silence. So enjoy these pictures for now.


An antiquities room all to myself at the Kunthistorische early this morning. Slightly eerie.





Morning sunshine on St. Stephen's







A man painting a Vermeer painting of a man painting an allegory. I think my world just rocked.











A ballroom at the Schonbrunne palace, just before a security guard rushed over and said "nein, nein. Keine fotografia!" or something like that. I wasn't using a flash! And there weren't any signs...oh, you mean THAT sign.








This was Sachertorte. I forgot to take a picture earlier, but it was very pretty. M, I also had a Linzerschnitte for lunch. I'm working on my pastry quota.

4 comments:

Janean said...

I got in trouble so many times for taking pictures in Italy. Way to go!

Beautiful tort remnant, btw.

Unknown said...

Hey, I finally resurrected my gmail account. Thanks for the motivation. Lovely travel journal--so neat to hear (and see) about all you're doing. Between EPL and your blog, am experiencing serious wanderlust!

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Wow, it's like you got each photo at just the right time for the sun to illuminate it perfectly. Beautiful. But the Sachertorte was probably the best thing...

britti said...

Beautiful Pic Lena! I love it I'm a little confused where the heck are you? What's your schedule?
Love you!