Thursday 14 February 2008

Five Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day as a Single Girl








1) Buy YOURSELF chocolates, flowers, and take a big bubble bath all by yourself. Maybe throw in some rose petals. You’re the only one who’d appreciate them in any case.


2) Go out with the girls for Greek food. Share rice pudding. Talk about clothes and shopping online and how men honestly kind of suck sometimes. Giggle a lot.




3) Go to your Relief Society-sponsored Girls Night In. When this was announced at church, my friend Balthazar leaned over and said “I’d rather stay home and cry myself to sleep.” I must agree – I mean, sweet idea, but I don’t need the pity, thanks. I feel like this is for the people who call it “Single Awareness Day” and are kind of bitter about it. Let’s let the couples and marrieds have their day – they have to spend the rest of the year cleaning up after each other and wondering where the romance went.



4) Stay home and cry yourself to sleep.





5) Find the cure for cancer, solve global warming, and save the whales. That’ll show ‘em.




Guess which I did.


8 comments:

Angie said...

I don't need to guess. I think it was the best choice of the five anyway.

triciab said...

Love it, love it!

Marie said...

Good choice, L. Very healthy.

Happy Whatever Day to you. (But now the fun is over and the Greek food has settled -- time to save the whales!)

Melanie said...

#2 and you are working on #5, right? Wish I was there to share giggles and reasons why men aren't so fun sometimes (hey, I love Brian but I can still feel that way, can't I?).

Unknown said...

Mmm, nice job! I buy my chocolate the day AFTER Valentine's Day...really expensive chocolate is even better 75% off!

lenalou said...

Mel, you know you are always welcome to hang with the singles. We are a social and welcoming tribe.

It is WISE to buy the chocs after the event. I'll have to do that at Easter.

On with #5!

Jairo and Mel said...

Loved this post! Never been a big fan of valentine's day, even as a 'married'. So, for us, I spent the evening hacking up a lung and Jairo bulb suctioned the snot out of Ethan's nose. And we wonder where all the romance went!

triciab said...

Oh you are too funny! How come I became "Jock in Salt Lake"? You dirty Sassenach!!!