Friday 25 April 2008

Citrine

I’m in a group. A choir. Called Citrine. We sing a mix of folk and modern songs, either written or arranged by Rowan.

Here are some ways in which Rowan has described our singing:

Bouncy.
Leprous.
Hilarious. [As in, “That was hilarious. You must never sound like that in a performance or I will scream with laughter.”]
SUCKNESS!
Too Bulgarian.
Babyish.
Boring.

“Boring” was the one that really cut.

But Saturday night, we sounded pretty terrific. You can read more about that here and here. It’s quite a buzz, singing in front of a big group and hearing all the work pay off.

Here’s one of my favourite giggles from the weekend. As we were packing up the condo, Angie came in to help me with the bunk beds in my room. I was kneeling on the top one while making it (and hitting my head on the ceiling more than once).
Me: I don’t think I’m doing a good job of this.
Angie, trying to make me feel better: It doesn’t look like anyone made a good job of making them.
Pause:
Me: I made them all.

Here's our official pic.


Here's a slightly less official pic.





Here's me all glam.



A couple of pics from the drive down.





Rowan and I just casually relaxing after the performance.



And one more.

6 comments:

Angie said...

That was pretty hilarious. I was laughing so hard I almost choked on the foot in my mouth.

Melanie said...

Hey you superstar! That's so fun to see pictures of your group and read more about it. I am really, really impressed and proud to be friends with someone so famous.

In other news, it is a good thing I didn't know you had two days off work or I would have come down and crashed one of your lazy afternoons! Have fun relaxing and can't wait to hear about the first day.

Melanie said...

Oh by the way, you look really, really pretty and very glam.

lenalou said...

Mel, I am so dumb. We totally should have got together. I just get so used to thinking that evenings are the only time to do things with friends.

Marie said...

Lena, why were you making everyone's beds??? Perhaps the mocking should be directed elsewhere?

Your group needs to get some gigs that are accessible to lil' ol' me. Like not 4 hours away and/or $100 a ticket...

But you guys look great!

Brittany said...

We are so cute..tra la la la.....