Wednesday 2 April 2008

Free Falling

I have a new job. Starting in three weeks. I’m quite scared about that. It doesn’t really help that (very well-meaning and dear) people keep giving me kindly warnings about how it’ll be “a change of pace,” and “quite a culture shock,” and pointing out all the sucky things about my new job. I did actually work fairly hard once in a while in my current job, people. And I did not grow up in a convent, despite my clean-living and innocent ways.

I feel really good about it, SO THERE. I have loved my job, but I’m excited about branching out, learning new things, a change in environment. Having said that, I am fully expecting that the next few months will be somewhat miserable, as I flounder around trying to find the photocopier and getting used to tracking my time in 15 minute increments. No longer will I be able to call M. and say, “please take care of this,” because it will now be my job to take care of it.

And I will miss my view. Here it is. Goodbye view. Wish me luck.


7 comments:

Tim said...

Exciting! So, what entity was able to lure you away?

Hey, It's Ansley said...

More info please, what is the new job? Good luck! And you're smart, it won't take you 3 months to find the copier, maybe only 2 months.

frances said...

yeah, i want to know what the new job is, too!

Marie said...

Please tell me what your new job is so that I, too, can tell you just how miserable you're going to be there ;)

lenalou said...

I'm going to be over the health and social marketing accounts of a local communications firm (don't want to say the name in case they google it --I want to be free to speak of its horrors later).

I will give y'all more details later. Thanks for the words of encouragement, Ans! That's very sweet.

Annette G said...

Congrats on the new gig!! You will be great. For some reason I don't care to analyze, I always love quitting jobs. It is so fun to say "see ya'", even if I loved working there.

Are you closer to me now, so that we can go to lunch?

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.