Monday 4 June 2007

True Wuv in Italy

I LOVE my new apartment. I loved my old apartment, but this is a whole new level of cuteness. It’s little (this one’s a studio), and there’s no oven, just a hob and microwave, the flush makes a really scary noise, and I’m a little dubious about how I’m going to sleep on what’s basically a sofabed, but it’s beautifully compact, colourful and clean, there’s a mixture of Ikea and older things (like a rather nice walnut wardrobe) and there aren’t any mosquito corpses on the walls, which is an excellent sign. I should probably mention the juicer, too. The lady who helped me move in seemed very proud of the juicer. The location is amazing – just up the street from the ponte vecchio, and round the corner from the piazza signoria. AND, I have wireless Internet finally, which will make working simpler. But what I love most of all, what is going to ensure that I NEVER LEAVE, even though I won’t be able to pay rent and they will be trying to drag me out by the hair, is that there is a heated towel rail. Oh, I know that heated towel rails are a waste of space and energy, are bourgeois and nouveau and all sorts of bad things, but I adore them and want one for my own so badly.

Arrivederci everyone. If you feel like visiting Florence some day, my towel rail and I will be happy to receive you.



3 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

When I was traveling in Europe the last time, we had bought these chamois towels at REI to save space in our packs b/c they can hold so much water. Then through a confusion of dates and reservations, we ended up in a French hotel one night. When I saw the real towels they provided, I elatedly said, "How luxurious!" But never in my wildest dreams did I imagine heated towel bars. You lucky, spoiled girl!

Janean said...

I hate to tell you this, but that heated towel rack is really ugly. Is it worth the eyesore to have luxuriously warm towels? Hmm? ;)

lenalou said...

Love is blind, Janean. Well, I suppose it's not the best design feature, but the warm towels really are delightful .